Re: news on ipv6

Robert van der Meulen said:
> Quoting Craig Small (csmall@scooter.eye-net.com.au):
> > Is there any movement forward in getting all of this onto one single
> > ftp/http site yet?
>
> Sort of :) - i want to do this on ipv6.nl ..
> If someone has some good ideas to make uploading into this archive as easy
> and manageable as possible, information appreciated :)

This is something we need to get sorted out.  The advantage Debian has
is that there is a lot of developers and if we can co-ordinate can do
many things in parallel.

The general way this is done in Debian is you make the ipv6.nl host a
limited Debian system.  If a user wants to contribute and they seem 'ok'
by the admin, you grab the passwd/shadow file off master and put it on
your system (there may be a better way than this).

I'm not sure how big and horrible dinstall is, but that may make moving
packages over easier.

Alternatively, we may be able to put the packages into the main ftp
site, say off experimental or something.

  - Craig

--
Craig Small VK2XLZ, PGP: AD 8D D8 63 6E BF C3 C7  47 41 B1 A2 1F 46 EC 90
Eye-Net Consulting http://www.eye-net.com.au/     <csmall@eye-net.com.au>