Re: Openssh shared library problem

On Fri, Jan 30, 2009 at 04:19:12PM -0600, Paul Holcomb wrote:
> > Or you try to put symlinks in /lib/ pointing to the real libc.so.3.5.
> > As there are no .so files on 64-bit, the names shouldn't clash.
> > This should be necessary only for the system .so files, as the
> > debian-interix stuff will get installed into /lib or /usr/lib
> > automatically (even if that is probably "wrong" on 64-bit).
>
>  Good call on the different library path for 32 bit.  I think the
>  symlink answer might be the best.  Perhaps the links could be placed
>  in a meta package for 64 bit users?

 This works.  I was going to put together a package with these files
 in it.  Does naming this package "ia32-binutils-compat" make sense or
 maybe "interix-ia32-compat"?

 Thoughts?

 Also, should I just send you the link to the files off list to make
 it onto your server?  Do you have any problem with me mirroring the
 interix distribution?

 Thanks,

--
Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
GPG key fingerprint          2B62 05AE EE74 845A 705F  D716 28C4 FE1C 088F CFAC