Re: Interix Question

Hi Prashant,

(I'm cc'ing this to the new mailing list for reference.)

On Thu, 5 Feb 2009, Prashant Varanasi wrote:

Ah ok, I'm also having an issue with sshd (which I'm quite sure is the
debian version?)

If it is started by init on system startup, then I cannot ssh in.
Looking at the debug logs, it fails on seteuid, saying "Permission
failed". It looks like init is started under the Administrator
username, so it should work fine. What is especially strange is, if I
stop sshd, and then start it using /etc/init.d/ssh start (from su, so
it is using the Administrator account), it works fine!

Is there any differences to the priveleges init runs with on startup, vs su?

what options did you select when you installed the SUA utilities (su-to-root, setuid, case sensitive)? It might be related to su-to-root.

Martin

Thanks,
- Prashant