Openssh shared library problem

  On my system, there is a problem with programs spawned from sshd and
  shared library paths.  This is most easily replicated by simply
  trying to scp a file to the debian-interix machine:

$> scp <file> administrator@debian:/tmp
scp: error in loading shared libraries
libc.so.3.5: cannot open shared object file: No such file or directory
lost connection
  (Using bash as your shell also causes this problem BTW)

  It seems that the primary method of setting these paths (because
  there is no ld.so.conf?) is making a system wide setting for
  LD_LIBRARY_PATH=""usr/lib/x86:/usr/X11R6/lib".  Because sshd doesn't
  use pam or read /etc/environment, I thought the easiest way to fix
  this would be to add LD_LIBRARY_PATH to the Windows environment
  variables, as most of the other variables for SUA are populated

  However this variable isn't passed to sshd's children AFAICT because
  of this line:

--openssh-4.7p1/session.c  line 1064--
 [in do_setup_env() ]
                       /* these are the interix directory
		       variables... */
-->                      /* LD_LIBRARY_PATH required? */

  I verified that if I add LD_LIBRARY_PATH to AcceptEnv in sshd_config
  (generally a bad idea), and pass that variable from my ssh client
  with SendEnv, the shared library problems go away.

  So, I was attempting to comment back the line is session.c and
  rebuild, but I wasn't even able to do a build from the deb source
  before running into a number of issues, including this header
  related one from configure during the dpkg-buildpackage of openssh.

checking dirent.h presence... yes
configure: WARNING: dirent.h: present but cannot be compiled
configure: WARNING: dirent.h:     check for missing prerequisite headers?
configure: WARNING: dirent.h: see the Autoconf documentation
configure: WARNING: dirent.h:     section "Present But Cannot Be Compiled"
configure: WARNING: dirent.h: proceeding with the preprocessor's result
configure: WARNING: dirent.h: in the future, the compiler will take precedence
configure: WARNING:     ## Report this to openssh-unix-dev@mindrot.org ##

  Before I go in detail any further, is there something obvious that
  I'm missing?  Nothing has compiled as in the build logs :)

  The Windows OS I am using is Windows Server 2003 64 bit R2 SP2, with
  all automatic updates applied that are available.

Paul Holcomb                               *pholcomb    \@      cpoint  net*
GPG key fingerprint          2B62 05AE EE74 845A 705F  D716 28C4 FE1C 088F CFAC