Re: im-config | Use im-config on Wayland without uninstalling IBus (!5)

Osamu,

On 2020-07-13 17:30, Osamu Aoki wrote:
We can always check distribution to change "auto" behavior to
accommodate Ubuntu needs.  I am open for such patch and I think we
are talking now to come up with such mutually agreeable solution.

If you look at debian/rules, you see my attitude to accommodate
distribution choices as much as possible without conflict.

Thanks for reminding of that. I have added a similar distro check to default/im-config in the devel branch, and with that it will be possible for Ubuntu to sync the im-config source from Debian for the first time instead of merging with a delta.

I'm aware of the possibility to do something similar to revert the effects of Changwoo's proposal in Ubuntu. OTOH our disagreement is not really a Debian vs. Ubuntu thing, so I'm reluctant to do that.