Re: DRM/DRI accelerated (3D) graphics?

Hi Alan,

> Thanks again for the troubleshooting and patches. I applied your patch to my
> Gentoo (just trying it out I swear!) 2.6.39 system, compiled with KMS on by
> default on my zx6000 / RV610 (Radeon HD2400) system.

> I did notice this error in dmesg, but its still working fine as above:
>
> [drm:radeon_agp_init] *ERROR* Unable to acquire AGP: -19
> [drm] Forcing AGP to PCIE mode

Is this error also reported without the patch?

A noticeable difference between your Radeon HD 2400 and my FireGL X1
cards is that the RV610 GPU in HD 2400 doesn't natively support AGP.
Indeed, RV610 is natively a PCIe chipset, AGP support being brought by
the Rialto PCIe -> AGP bridge on the back of the card PCB.
By contrast, the R300 VPU in my FireGL card is a native AGP(Pro) chipset.

Could this explain the AGP and PCIe-related errors you're reporting?

     Emeric