Re: DRM/DRI accelerated (3D) graphics?

Hi Emeric,

Thanks again for the troubleshooting and patches. I applied your patch to my Gentoo (just trying it out I swear!) 2.6.39 system, compiled with KMS on by default on my zx6000 / RV610 (Radeon HD2400) system. I was greeted by a black (dead) screen in the text console and a gray non response screen in X. However a little more research and I found I was missing the Radeon firmware for my card, got that installed and its working! Accelerated Desktop, let alone 3D is so much nicer looking and much faster!

I did notice this error in dmesg, but its still working fine as above:

[drm:radeon_agp_init] *ERROR* Unable to acquire AGP: -19
[drm] Forcing AGP to PCIE mode

I put in a module option in the radeon-kms.conf file to force AGP to 4x and it didnt seem to make any difference. I dont know if this is affecting the system in a negative way anyhow, though my HD2400 only manages 500fps in glxgears. I did have a R300 card but I think its physically broken (zx6000 does the beeping and all lights flashing error frequently with it in).

Food for thought anyhow!

Alan