Re: PMU-tools for Itanim in Debian Unstable

Josh > From my understanding tracing for the kernel stack on linux is
Josh > pretty limited, and on IA64 it is even more limited. Sorry to say,
Josh> I know tools for sparc, power5/6 and pa-risc, but no good kernel
Josh> time profilers for IA64. :(

Josh> http://lttng.org/content/download You might have some luck
Josh> getting a hold of the maintains of LTTng, I heard rumors a few
Josh> years ago of them having a IA64 tool that might help. I have no
Josh> idea of its state.

I'm aware of the Linux trace project.  It doesn't do what I want.  I'm
looking for a gprof-like profile of an app, but counting
BE_BUBBLE_ALL etc., or L3-cache miss events instead of program counter
hits.

There used to be good tools in Debian -- q-tools was one ---
specifically for IA64.  These appear to have bit-rotted with the kernel
changes from perfmon to perfmon2 to the current whatever it is.

What I'm asking, is, what is supposed to work now in Debian?  I can
file bug reports against all of them I suppose :-(

Peter C