RE: PMU-tools for Itanim in Debian Unstable

Peter, I guess it would help with what type of information you are looking for. Are you looking for basic cpu/mem/disk information?  Personally I have collection of sar scripts, and take the output and make pretty rrdtool graphs with it.

-----Original Message-----
From: peter@chubb.wattle.id.au [mailto:peter@chubb.wattle.id.au]
Sent: Thursday, March 04, 2010 2:06 PM
To: debian-ia64@lists.debian.org
Subject: PMU-tools for Itanim in Debian Unstable

What performance management tools are people using at the moment? All
the ones I tried are currently broken:
    pfmon is no longer in Debian unstable
    oprofile doesn't work against the current Debian kernel -- it
        looks for an oprofile filesystem, which can be enabled only
	for non-IA64 systems.
    q-tools also fails, as the version of perfmon it relies on is
        older than that in the current kernel.
    The commercial tool caliper from HP also needs an older kernel and
    libc-stdc++5

So what are people using?

--
Dr Peter Chubb                                  peter DOT chubb AT nicta.com.au
http://www.ertos.nicta.com.au               ERTOS within National ICT Australia