Re: who has a itanium 1 machine and 10 minutes of time?

On Thu, 2006-11-09 at 12:31 +0100, Alexander Huemer wrote:
> hello,
>
> i write this, because i need some special help from someone who has a
> itanium
> 1 computer. (hp i2000, fujitsu celsius 880, ibm zpro 6894, ...).

   I opened up an i2000, but it doesn't have exactly what you're looking
for.  The power cable is hard wired into the power pod on the i2000, so
the only observation I can provide is that pins 5, 6, and 7 are all
black, and 8, 9, and 10 are all red.  5 & 8 are twisted together as are
6 & 9 and 7 & 10.  All the red wires and all the blacks wires appear to
be bundled together as they go into the power pod.  Maybe you can check
continuity on the 4 pin socket to figure out the bundling.  If you
really want to gamble, maybe one is grounded...  The HP Itanium 1 server
probably has the cable you're looking for, but I don't know where to
find one of those anymore.  IIRC, the cable for the server version is
too short to be a direct replacement in the i2000.  Good luck,

	Alex