Re: Dead-in-the-water

I did download the diagnostic and ran several of them.
They did not reveal the problem. The problem has happened
less often and I continued to try to install. The netinst
images for etch must have real problems. I switched back
to sarge and I was able to get quite a ways into the installation.
Now I have the system running but the configuration is not
complete. I get fatal errors from the base-config script.
Several required packages seem to be missing.

Richard