Re: libunwind in unstable

  Matthias> From my point of view we can get around with it by
  Matthias> including the libunwind shared library in libgcc1 for the
  Matthias> sarge release. I'm worried about the version skew of the
  Matthias> unwind lib ib 0.98.3 and GCC-3.4.3.  There's one
  Matthias> additional library in libunwind.

Do you mean libunwind-ia64.so.7.0.0?

That one won't be needed by anything related to GCC (or, more
generally, local unwinding).  Having said that, the most recent GDBs
have a soft dependency on libunwind-ia64.so: they'll try to dlopen
libunwind-ia64.so and if that doesn't succeed, fall back on
code-reading (which is very unreliable, but better than nothing at
all).  Other than GDB, I can't think of any Debian packages that would
currently rely in libunwind-ia64.

	--david