Re: libunwind in unstable

  Ian> I noticed today that apt (and a few other things) started depending on
  Ian> libunwind, which wasn't installed.

  Ian> I think this comes from libstdc++5, which came about from a fairly old
  Ian> change to gcc-3.3

That would make sense.  libstdc++5 calls _Unwind_Resume() which
is/should be implemented by libunwind.so.7.  With older versions of
GCC, it was implemented as part of libgcc_eh.a/libgcc_s.so.

  Ian> I think the resolution is to add a depends in libstdc++5 on libunwind.

The only caveat is that this is needed on ia64 only at the moment.
Eventually, this may become necessary for other platforms, too, though.

	--david