Re: Choppy MP3 and DVD playbacks

> Emeric> Any hints or suggestions?
>
> Try rebuilding your kernel with CONFIG_PREEMPT turned on.  This
> *could* be scheduler latency.

Is there a way to simultaneously apply the Debian ia64, low-latency and
preempt kernel patches on the Debianized Sarge kernel-source-2.4.27
package? Indeed, low-latency and preempt patches apply fine on a stock
kernel, but if ia64 patch is applied, a lot of chunks fail.

Thus, I manually applied the low-latency patch changes to an ia64
patched 2.4.27 kernel yesterday. I fear having to do the same with the
preempt patch if there's no solution to apply the 3 patches
simultaneously...

Thanks for the suggestion Peter.

	Emeric