Re: Choppy MP3 and DVD playbacks

>>>>> On 09 Nov 2004 16:23:47 +0100, Emeric Maschino <emeric.maschino@jouy.inra.fr> said:

  Emeric> Any hints or suggestions?

Apart from Peter's suggestion, you might also want to check:

 o whether you're getting floating-point software-assist and/or
   unaligned access faults.  Those could disrupt processing quite a
   bit, if you get them on a semi-regular basis.

 o whether the the DVD player is an IDE drive; if so, make sure DMA is
   enabled (of possible).  IDE still disables interrupts for long
   periods of time and in non-DMA mode, it's rather unusable.

As a reference point, I have no issue playing MP3 audio streams on a
zx2000 (though I just tune into Internet radio stations, i.e., the DVD
player isn't involved at all).

	--david