Re: 2.4.25 config for zx2000

On Tuesday 11 May 2004 04:52 pm, Ian Wienand wrote:
> On Tue, May 11, 2004 at 04:11:35PM -0400, Chuck Slivkoff wrote:
> > If I unplug the USB keyboard, I can boot with "console=ttyS0", and
> > things seem OK. But if I boot with the keyboard plugged-in, the system
> > hangs. I can hot-plug the mouse after boot and that seems to work, but
> > as soon as I plug the keyboard in, the system hangs. :-(
>
> Does your keyboard possibly have a USB hub in it (i.e. some extra
> ports to plug other USB bits and pieces in)?  I know there has been a
> problem with these types of keyboards and certain kernels (I'm not
> sure if it exists on the kernel you are interested in, but it's worth
> a try).
>
> -i
> ianw@gelato.unsw.edu.au
> http://www.gelato.unsw.edu.au
FWIW, my keyboard and mouse are attached through a hub
in the form of a KVM switch. This has not been a problem.
I do have several USB components configured in the
kernel rather than as modules.
Grepping .config for CONFIG_USB
CONFIG_USB=y
CONFIG_USB_DEVICEFS=y
CONFIG_USB_EHCI_HCD=y
CONFIG_USB_UHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_OHCI=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DATAFAB=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_DPCM=y
CONFIG_USB_STORAGE_JUMPSHOT=y
CONFIG_USB_HID=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDINPUT=y
CONFIG_USB_HIDDEV=y

These are just the ones set to "y" I have some others as
modules but many are no as they are specific to things I
don't have.

Richard