Re: interesting libfreetype6 bug

On Fri, Jul 16, 2004 at 03:35:45PM -0700, David Mosberger wrote:
> Chuck asked me for a recipe to apply the patch.  I'm no Debian expert,
> but here is the hack I was using to patch libfreetype (from memory,
> hopefully without too many errors):
>  $ apt-get source libfreetype6
>  # apt-get build-dep libfreetype6
>  $ cd freetype-2.1.7
>  $ dpkg-buildpackage -rfakeroot
>     *** hit Ctrl-C once compilation starts ***
>  $ touch build-stamp
>  $ cd freetype-2.1.7
>  $ patch -p1 < fix.diff
>  $ cd ..
>  $ fakeroot debian/rules binary
>  # dpkg -i ../libfreetype6_2.1.7-2.1_ia64.deb
> Bdale is probably getting fits over abusing dpkg like this... ;-)
> I'm sure someone else can suggest a cleaner & more reliable method.

Kind of.  Unfortunately, this is one of the harder debian packages to
do it to.  Most packages let you just put an additional patch in the
debian/patches/ directory and maybe edit a file.  With this one, you need
to put the patch in debian/patches/ and edit debian/rules round about line
150 to apply the patch.  Bleh.