Re: install problem with debian linux on Itanium 2 rx2600 hp server

On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 22:43, David Mosberger wrote:

>   Kallol> May be debian linux is not supported on rx2600 servers.
>
> It certainly is.  We run it on may rx2600/zx6000.  Are you sure the system
> hangs?  Perhaps the console output goes to the wrong place?  If you use
> serial console, try appending "console=ttyS0,9600n8" to the boot command-line
> (without quotes).

   Also, if your system comes with an MP/ECI/Manageability card, please
be sure to follow the documentation in the Linux Enablement Kit to
select one, and only one, serial port for a serial console.  Otherwise,
there's a good chance you'll have firmware output up until the kernel
loads, but won't see anything beyond the loading of kernel and ramdisk
messages from elilo (it'll go to the other serial port).

	Alex