Re: install problem with debian linux on Itanium 2 rx2600 hp server
- To: Kallol Biswas <email@example.com>
- Cc: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Subject: Re: install problem with debian linux on Itanium 2 rx2600 hp server
- From: Kallol Biswas <email@example.com>
- Date: 28 May 2004 21:28:29 -0700
- Message-id: <1085804909.12409.20.camel@kb702931>
- In-reply-to: <1085803180.12409.11.camel@kb702931>
- References: <1085803180.12409.11.camel@kb702931>
May be debian linux is not supported on rx2600 servers.
On Fri, 2004-05-28 at 20:59, Kallol Biswas wrote:
> I tried to install debian linux on a hp rx2600 Itanium 2 server.
> The installation process hangs. The Linux image is uncompressed and then
> the initrd is loaded onto the system but after these steps the system hangs.
> I tried with hp debian linux Enablement image also. The initial menu is
> displayed but when a menu item is selected the linux image is
> uncompressed and then the initrd is loaded and the system hangs.
> Any help on this?