Re: Building GLIBC

> The source is from a debian source package so I also
> tried dpkg-deb -b glibc-2.3.2  First time it said no DEBIAN
> sub-dir Well duh. It has a "debian" sub-dir Up cased debian
> and tried again. This time says error at line 9
> no package name, tho I didn't write it down.
>
> So did I miss some essential step or is it supposed to
> be this difficult?

apt-get build-dep glibc
apt-get source -b glibc

should work

or, if you already have the build-dependencies and source files
downloaded (.orig.tar.gz, .diff.gz, and .dsc):

dpkg-source -x glibc*.dsc
cd glibc-*
make -f debian/rules build

randolph
--
Randolph Chung
Debian GNU/Linux Developer, hppa/ia64 ports