Re: Installation on SGI Altix 350

I work with a pair of altix 3800's and we just recived several 350
systems.  From what I have seen, SGI has made major changes to the linux
kernel to make it work with the 3800 machines.  You may have to use the
kernel and some of the utilities provided with the linux propack to make
debian work.  The SGI kernel is very well optimized for the hardware.

--

-Ben Kochie
University of Minnesota Supercomputing Institute -- Phone: 612.624.3737