elilo and boot entry problems

Hi there,

I have a question regarding the boot process of Woody on an IA-64
platform. Where should the kernel images and elilo.* files go?

I have a hp workstation i2000 with 3 HDDs. On the first (/dev/sda) is
Windows XP 64-Bit Edition installed. On the second (/dev/sdb) is Debian
GNU/Linux Woody installed. On the third (/dev/sdc) is HP-UX 11i v1.5
installed. Current BIOS is 1.17c due to my Itanium processors being C0
stepping.

When asking to make the system bootable during the Woody installation
process, I choose to install elilo on /dev/sdb1. I can briefly see a
efibootmgr error message just before the reboot process starts. At boot
up, there's no Debian entry in the EFI menu (might be related to the
efibootmgr error I think). So, using the EFI shell, I navigate through
fs1:\EFI\debian and manually enter elilo with no luck. I'm given an
error about a missing vmlinux file. This path however contains
elilo.conf, elilo.efi, README and vmlinuz. Trying to rename vmlinuz to
vmlinux doesn't solve the problem. Moving all these files in fs1:\EFI
changes nothing but moving them to fs1:\ makes the system bootable.
Really stange because in my elilo.conf file, all paths are related to
EFI/debian.

Any idea what's wrong with elilo and why the boot entry isn't created? I
have no problem with other Linux distributions on the same system
(Mandrake 8.1, SuSE 7.2, OpenLinux 3.1 or Red Hat 7.x).

Thanks.