New-Bee: have lowlevel formated SCSI Drivve noew system not recognized.

Hi I'm J.

I am new to Debian, but have worked linux system 10 yrs ago.  Lost my touch, I was a DBA, not system Admin.

I am some what disabled, and have a real difficulty in reading manuals.

I purchased a HP i2000, having a dual 800 MHz Itanium(1) system with a single SCSI drive.

This drive is on a 64bit LVD SCSI card, 18 MB.

I purchased the Debian OS weeks ago, i have had some initial trouble in getting EFI to read the startup CD.

The EFI messages and other documentation, stated a Low level format to change from a MS-DOS system to a linux system, so I executed the low level format.

NOW, the Loader OS CD does read and function, but the SCSI drive is not recognised.

I have tried going to a seperate shell to execute fdisk but on the CD, only csdisk (sp), was present, and it only recognized, a read only hda ( I think this maybe a ROM drive.)

If an explanation of the process to format the drive in question before, or during loadup, or links to similar process allready documented, to help solve my stumbling block would be greatly appreciated.

AGAIN I am New at the Linux chat lines, give me some grace period, as to protocall and or my method.of contacting the ORG.

Thanks for the consideration, in helping an OLD WAR Horse.

PS.

If a personal  / private e-mail would be better for the group I can be contated at

RIBsNet@NetZero.net

AGAIN THANKS.