Re: Debian/stable with 2.6 kernel

On Fri, Oct 24, 2003 at 03:52:42PM -0700, David Mosberger wrote:
> Is anyone working on putting together the necessary package/howto on
> how to use a 2.6 kernel with Debian/stable?

Is anyone looking at 2.6 packages in general?  With a glibc with NPTL
support moving into unstable fairly soon, it would be nice to have 2.6
packaged to take advantage of it.  If I just created some packages
based on what I can glean from the existing 2.4 packages would that be
useful?

I get the feeling that most people who have access to an IA64 box are
happy building their own kernel (or, say, have the guy who wrote it
for their husband, or similar).

-i