acpi_hp_csr_space

I finally got 2.4.20 to build. After learning not to
worry too much about the RAW and WAW warnings (and
some others just as scary) I made it. Another big problem
was config. For a while I was making no progress so I
thought I would start from the config for 2.4.19, after all
its running. But this still through me off. As far as I can tell
the .config file installed by debian did not match the actual
config the kernel was built to. In particular, I had to turn off
RTC, NVRAM and OSS sound in order to make it through
the modules.
Now I want to install NVIDIA
Made the change per README.IA64, then make install
build was good but errors loading nvidia.o  Did lsmod and
noticed no agpgart module tried to modprobe agpgart
failed -- unresolved symbol acpi_hp_csr_space

acpi_hp_csr_space is there in the kernel, in System.map
But I see that other symbols that are not "unresolved"
have two additional entries so I guess acpi_hp_csr_space
has not been labeled to be "module accessable"
I think this is a BUG (it sure bit like a bug) because make config
lets you build agpgart as a module.
But I guess the easiest short term solution is to re-build,
yet again, the kernel with agpgart in the kernel.

I think I'm on the right track; I would appreciate if someone
more expert check over my description and tell if I'm
nuts or not.

Thanks,
Richard Harke