Re: WAW and RAW warnings in kernel build

  Richard> Well, I learned something. Now I feel I should be annoyed
  Richard> that Markstein did not include the directive in his example.
  Richard> Of the three books I have been studying,
  Richard> "IA-64 and Elementary Functions",
  Richard> "itanium architecture for programmers" and
  Richard> "Programming Itanium-based Systems",
  Richard> only in the third does it appear at all, then in an example
  Richard> in the last chapter. But I could not find an explanation
  Richard> in the adjoining text. And it is not in the index.

It is a fairly esoteric topic and the annotations are rarely needed
(the low-level kernel code is quite special in this regard), so don't
get too upset with the authors!  (I don't talk about them in my book
either---there simply was no obvious need/opportunity to introduce
them).

The directives are explained in the Itanium assembler manual from Intel.

  http://www.intel.com/software/products/opensource/tools1/tol_whte2.htm

Chapter 7 is the one of interest here.

	--david