Re: Cyrus crashes on RX2600

kernel is a self-compiled 2.4.20 - this fact leads me to my next
question -
i compiled the kernel as is used to on i386 - (make dep && make clean
&& make )
and tried a make bzImage which didn't work (there is no such target...
). i gzipping the
kernel by hand, but it was really large (22M, allready zipped using
gzip -9), the only
thing that helped, was stripping the kernel , now its around 2M - my
question now:
could this lead to such problems?

>> I just installed stable-packages, nothing from testing/unstable.
>You didn't say what kernel version you're running, but the prepacked
>in 'stable' aren't very current.  You'd be much happier with a 2.4.20
>image package from unstable if you're still running 2.4.17 ...

Gregor Weissmann - Zentraler Informatikdienst(ZID) der Boku/Wien
(phone) +43 1 47654 2142
(fax) +43 1 47654 2149