Re: Use of Intel Fortran compiler on a Sid/IA64 box?

  Kevin> I just spent some time today playing with this.  I succeeded,
  Kevin> but in a less than clean fashion.

  Kevin> In order to properly load IA32 versions of shared-libraries,
  Kevin> I used a statically-linked version of ld-linux.so.2.  The one
  Kevin> in ia32-libs is apparently unhappy with regards to this, so I
  Kevin> took the loader from Redhat 7.2's x86-compat RPM.  After
  Kevin> adding the appropriate paths to /etc/ld.so.conf (intel
  Kevin> compiler's ia32/lib + x86-compat's pertinent paths), I
  Kevin> wrapped a shell script around 'ias' that would use the IA32
  Kevin> version of ld-linux.so.2 to execute the real ias.

  Kevin> Something like:

  Kevin> #!/bin/sh /emul/x86-libs/lib/ld-linux.so.2
  Kevin> /opt/intel/compiler50/ia64/bin/ias.exec $*

  Kevin> It's kludgy in all respects, but it does work.

  Kevin> I hope this helps,

Why is any of this needed?  You should be able to install the standard
x86 loader in /lib/ld-linux.so.2 and the normal x86 libraries in
/emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib, mention /emul/ia32-linux/usr/lib in
/etc/ld.so.conf, run ldconfig and you should be good to go.  This is
the setup I'm using here.

	--david