Re: Configure failures on ia64 with libxml2 check.

> This suggests there's something wrong with the xml2 version check. I've
> already included a small fix to the check from glame's devel branch, but
> to no avail. Now, as glame builds fine on every other arch, this leaves
> me rather puzzled. Could someone with access to an ia64 machine please
> provide me with more details to this bug than what I see from the build
> logs? Specifically I'd be interested in the output from
> xml2-config --version, xml2-config --cflags, and xml2-config --libs.
> The final lines of config.log after an unsuccessful build would be
> interesting as well. Any help appreciated.

Debian developers have access to two IA64 machines donated by HP. You
can find the details at http://db.debian.org/machines.cgi

pippin[10:45] ~% xml2-config --version
2.4.5
pippin[10:45] ~% xml2-config --cflags --libs
-I/usr/include/libxml2/libxml -I/usr/include/libxml2
-lxml2

In this case I suspect there might be a build environment issue though.
I just tried doing configure on both merulo and my box here and they
both picked up the right version. Will dig into it some more and let you
know.

randolph
--
Debian Developer <tausq@debian.org>