Re: Error 500 on DDTSS

Hoi everyone,

On Fri, 22 Nov 2019 at 10:23, Daniele Forsi <dforsi@gmail.com> wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to access this page after another user successfully updated
the translation but I'm getting an Internal Server Error 500 (the
server is up because the other pages work as expected):

http://ddtp2.debian.net/ddtss/index.cgi/it/forreview/texlive-latex-extra?1573661549

I remember this one, the description is so huge that the diff calculation causes the server to time out. I'm not sure why it didn't get fixed last time, but I've now adjusted the code such if there are more that ~5000 words it does line-diff instead of word-diffing. This should make it more feasible and the link above works for me now.

I agree the server could use some love. I've considered just moving it to some AWS instance. I would cost some euro's per month but even the smallest instance there is bigger than what it is now. Or the current machine could be upgraded, unfortunatly no-one is registered as the "owner". Moving to DSA would be great, though I'm unsure if I would still be able to manage it (IANADD).

As an aside, I've pushed the changes I've made to the live system to salsa and submitted a merge request.

https://salsa.debian.org/l10n-team/ddtp/merge_requests/2

Can someone look over it and merge, then I can bring the live system back in line with the git repository.

Have a nice weekend.
Martijn

--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/