Re: [Debconf-team] Please review and translate announcement for DebConf15

El 04/08/15 a las 00:17, Karsten Merker escribió:
> On Mon, Aug 03, 2015 at 05:52:47PM +0200, Laura Arjona Reina wrote:
>
>> Please review and translate the announcement about DebConf15 we want to
>> publish about tomorrow Tuesday:
>>
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/announcements/en/drafts/debconf15-heidelberg.wml
>>
>> The text mirrors the press release that the DebConf team will send
>> *tomorrow* to several English media:
>>
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/tree/website/press/2015-08-04.en.xhtml
>>
>> (I've removed the paragraph "About Debian and Debconf" in the English
>> version, and used the paragraphs we have in the Publicity templates).
>>
>> The DebConf team has provided a German version to, to be sent to the
>> German media:
>>
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/cgit/debconf-data/dc15.git/tree/website/press/2015-08-04.de.xhtml
>>
>> So I have added an initial German translation too:
>>
>> https://anonscm.debian.org/viewvc/publicity/announcements/de/drafts/debconf15-heidelberg.wml
>>
>> but here I kept the whole text since I don't know if we have German
>> translation of the template (and I don't know German).
>>
>> I know it's quite hurry, but I suppose better late than never. Any
>> contribution is welcome!
>
> Hello,
>
> I have just taken a look at the announcement and the press
> release and stumbled over one thing.  The German press release
> contains:

> &ouml;ffentlichkeit ein, sich bei einem <q>Wochenende der offenen T&uuml;r</q>
> ein Bild von Debian, seinen Betriebssystemen und den Menschen dahinter zu
> machen. Mehr Informationen zu diesem Wochenende sind unter <a
>   href="http://debconf15.debconf.org/openweekend.xhtml";>http://debconf15.debconf.org/openweekend.xhtml</a>
> verf&uuml;gbar. Infolge des gro&szlig;en Andrangs k&ouml;nnen leider keine weiteren
> Anmeldungen angenommen werden.</p>
>
> I suppose the part "Infolge des gro&szlig;en Andrangs k&ouml;nnen
> leider keine weiteren Anmeldungen angenommen werden" shall mean
> that there are no more free places for regular ("full-time") DebConf
> attendees, but the way it is placed in the "open weekend"
> paragraph makes it sound like the "open weekend" is full and
> there will be no more admission for the general public.
>
> The English version is similar in this respect.
>
> To avoid misunderstandings, I would like to propose pulling the
> "Infolge des gro&szlig;en Andrangs k&ouml;nnen leider keine
> weiteren Anmeldungen angenommen werden" resp. the "Due to high
> levels of interest, registrations cannot be accepted anymore,
> unfortunately" out of the "open weekend" paragraph and instead
> append it to the previous paragraph (after the "With more than
> 550 attendees from 53 countries, DebConf15 will be the largest
> DebConf so far"), to make it clear that the "regular" conference
> is full, but people are still welcome to take part at the "open
> weekend".

Thanks for caring, Karsten. But I'm afraid the text is correct: it's for
the Open Weekend when we have reached the venue's capacity.

I hope tomorrow we can setup a way to allow some kind of registration
for the days that are not full, or a waiting list for attendants for the
open weekend, or any other solution, but meanwhile, registrations are
close to prevent problems, and we had to state that situation in the
announcement.

Regards

--
Laura Arjona