Re: Porting the mail interface, or not (ddtp.debian.org)

On 28 July 2012 18:54, Martin Eberhard Schauer <Martin.E.Schauer@gmx.de> wrote:
> please keep the interface or provide a substitute. I use it
> quite a lot to apply last minute error corrections after they
> have passed the DDTSS. The German team is very low at
> continuosly contributing manpower - there are one-accept
> translations that reach the database two weeks later with
> mistakes that the only reviewer didn't see.
>
> And somewhere I read about the role of a (trusted,
> experienced) "coordinator". He is the one to apply trivial
> corrections.

Ok, I took another look and I found some emails. The system seems to
be handling 99% spam, but I found a few others. However, I only really
found uploading of descriptions, no GETs. How are you getting the text
to translate and send? Building the emails by hand?

Is that the use case, getting through simple changes? In that case
what you really want is that a "coordinator" can do "force submit" or
some such. Would that cover it?

There is also a response from one person who would like to use the
mail interface. Given that we can open the discussion about whether it
should look like the current interface or start using PO files. I have
no experience with them myself but I'm told they are the standard way
of handling translations.

Any comments on that part?
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/