Re: Reminder for ledgersmb translation updates

On Fri, 22 Jun 2012 20:07:02 +0200, Christian PERRIER wrote:

> Quoting Camaleón (noelamac+gmane@gmail.com):

(...)

>> > Integrated (and fixed, while at it...as it lead to 2 fuzzies).
>>
>> Where are those fuzzies coming from? I left no pending nor fuzzies
>> strings :-?
>
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:3001
> msgid ""
> "Please enter the password of the LedgerSMB database administrative
> user. " "This password is needed for the administrative web user
> interface, typically " "at http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl.\"";
>
> While the POT file has:
>
> #. Description
> #: ../templates:3001
> msgid ""
> "Please enter the password of the LedgerSMB database administrative
> user. " "This password is needed for the administrative web user
> interface, typically " "at http://localhost/ledgersmb/setup.pl.";
>
> (notice the last escaped double quote).

Ah, that! Yes, I did notice but I thought it was a typo in the original
file, go figure (in fact, that's why I was so insistent with a review). I
don't know how the original text could have been alterated in that way,
how weird :-?

> This happened twice in the file, hence the 2 fuzzies when I resynced
> with the package's POT file (which I always do).

Yes, thanks. Despite the extra quotes, no fuzzy strings were marked in
Gtranslator, that's why I asked because I couldn't find the error.

> I guess that some tool somewhere though it would be good to add an
> escaped double quote at the end of this string. No idea which...but
> fixing was easy.

This is the first time it happens to me and also the problem with
character encoding when sending the plain PO file to the BTS. Mmm...

Greetings,

--
Camaleón