How to detect an MIA translator (was: pppconfig 2.3.18+nmu3: Please update the PO translation for the package pppconfig)

Hi Andrei,

Le 06/05/2012 06:43, Andrei POPESCU a écrit :
> On Mi, 02 mai 12, 22:17:29, David Prévot wrote:

> Would it be possible that $language-team gets some kind of notification
> if the last translator is unreachable?

I'm not sure that handling translators tracking is better suited at the
maintainer/i18n-substitute level: we are not in the best position for that.

> Especially in cases of teams with
> very few contributors it is very useful to know if the last translator
> doesn't even answer.

The problem is not specific to teams with very few contributors. I for
sure — even if the Language-Team field of the PO file is set to another
list — add the accurate Debian l10n mailing list to the recipients, in
order to offer a chance to each team to handle this kind of issues.

> In this particular case I had a feeling this might happen (I haven't
> seen Sorin Batariuc active since I joined) so I immediately followed up
> with a message, but the e-mail address is bouncing.

The i18n robot, as we use it in some teams [0], offers us a systematic
way to handle that: when we receive a “Please update” message, an l10n
coordinator replies to the list and to the last translator with a [MAJ]
message. Without any reply from the last translator after some time (or
in case of bounce), the l10n coordinator replies with a [TAF] message,
so other translators can step in and take care of the update.

     0 : http://i18n.debian.net/debian-l10n/docs/robot/pseudo-urls.html

Regards

David