Re: Announce of an upcoming upload for the cwidget package

Hi,

First of all, many thanks for taking care of the cwidget translations!

On 2012-05-04 01:02 +0200, David Prévot wrote:

> Dear maintainer of cwidget and Debian translators,
>
> Some days ago, I sent a notice to the maintainer of the cwidget
> Debian package, mentioning the status of at least one old
> translation update in the BTS.
>
> I announced the intent to build and possibly upload a non-maintainer
> upload for this package in order to fix this long-time pending
> localization bug as well as all other pending translations.
>
> The package maintainer agreed for the NMU or did not respond in a week,
> so I will proceed with the NMU.
>
> The full planned schedule is available at the end of this mail.
>

> The package is currently completely translated to: de es fr pl
>
> It's a pretty simple package, with only 14 strings, that should* bring
> back the translated “[yes] [no]” widget inside aptitude.
> [...]
> P.-S. : * should because it didn't work in my tests today (it installs
> the MO files where they belong, but the “[yes] [no]” widget was not
> translated). I'm anyway confident it will work as it should before the
> upload, and I won't hesitate to cry for help if it doesn't ;-).

Well, translating that Yes/No widget is really the point of the
translation, since other cwidget messages are hardly ever seen by any
user.

The upstream build system installs the message catalogs under the name
cwidget.mo, which is bad.  Have you looked what it would take to install
them under a better name (say, libcwidget3.mo) in order to make room for
a later libcwidget4 package?

Cheers,
       Sven