[Date Prev][Date Next] [Thread Prev][Thread Next] [Date Index] [Thread Index]

Re: Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of gpredict to fix pending l10n bugs


As an upstream contributor to gpredict, I am confused regarding what
the nature of the problem.

Is the problem that in the source code there are too many strings that
do not have internationalization hooks around them? (ie something I
can help with.)
Or is the problem that not enough of the strings have been translated
into other languages? (Something I would be less helpful with.)

If it is the second, then there seems to be some progress looking at
the current status on launchpad.


On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 5:27 PM, David Prévot <taffit@debian.org> wrote:
> Hash: SHA256
> Dear Debian maintainer,
> (“oh no, not another one”…)
> The gpredict Debian package, which you are the maintainer of, has
> a poor status for translations handled by gettext:
>        http://i18n.debian.net/l10n-pkg-status/g/gpredict.html
> The i18n team is now hunting the very last bits of missing localization
> and your package went on our radar. You may have uploaded recently but,
> unfortunately for you, you then got *another* l10n bug report. We
> really should prevent translators from translating...:-)
> So, sorry for this, but the radar beeped at your package and here am I
> with an NMU intent...:-)
> In case you can't update your package, I hereby propose, as part of
> a more general action of the Debian i18n Task Force to build and
> possibly upload a non-maintainer upload for this package in order to
> fix this as well as all pending translations for the documentation
> and debconf templates.
> Of course, an upload made by you would even be better...:-)
> Such changes are always harmless, which explains why I safely consider
> building NMU's for such issues even though they're obviously non critical.
> The schedule for the NMU (in case it happens, that is if you agree with
> it or if I don't receive any answer in a week) is roughly the following:
>  Wednesday, April 25, 2012    : send this notice
>  Wednesday, May 02, 2012      : post an NMU announcement to debian-i18n
>                                with you (maintainer) CC'ed
>  Saturday, May 12, 2012       : deadline for receiving translation
>                                updates
>  Sunday, May 31, 2012         : build the package andupload it to
>                        DELAYED/10-day, send the NMU patch to the BTS.
>  Monday, June 10, 2012        : NMU reaches incoming
> If you intent to upload yourself, please discuss with me. I propose
> handling a translation update round and I can handle it myself for you.
> That will just require a few days.
> In case I upload an NMU, I will subscribe to the Package Tracking System
> for this package and follow its life for 60 days after my NMU in order
> to fix any issue potentially introduced by my upload.
> Let me know, as soon as possible, if you have any kind of objection to
> this process.
> If you'd rather do the fix yourself, I will of course leave the package
> alone. Same if you have reasons not to do the update now.
> Regards
> David
> Version: GnuPG v1.4.12 (GNU/Linux)
> ytRI+/Ft4rKLvqv7gBXIkj055G2Nknkgj6gdb/p7tYBuOHKexgEUgGYukr0bwYHz
> bKg7yc8VbPodDGqXbeQFKY40DfMNK2+wuzXyGN0LeS1bccMF5SM5cG5VBt4GcWvg
> wTdeZOxOV76W6qBTSfhALdz8nfS0PNJ8eJND92lPYFy1eK8sq+6wWwuie4SbOrFr
> D8eVG4ocZT9t0N4UVVMCaIy3xcbQM5DGpsSBwld7ehYTOjuorDtIo8cxSY2NpIwy
> W/4NRJk+Mv1m8ADrhLC9AUIvkEe0OQu00fm5rE2PlCJVoYCn0yU8PmhmIYNavj+k
> I0qb1HbkfLCou11c3pjPxcTiK5xjhzxdOwGBXm4BpCGvzBdpxopc26nAVYJ+L5kL
> nb6t4Rp6Es5PZ4PGPePadFFewO+6mI4bDEt5RJGZ5NPOOPWaGfJYdqTIjJiOkA1E
> 8MPsAQd2z7bSfCXKNT6FddF8JidEzEYX1Mf6evaY8UcUQcvZKpzKLFTfFdDaWF9h
> C1XI0T6+y5j+KC6K7g2cYCi5mHs7zRP0VXIy5A+umieRyaCesF9CcFZc60O4xcxN
> Ch9tnhPK0h3Q2LZY2QxbfPbLs6X6kpECOMJJNvbFxuGRr47LnjgwJ9zkXNN1OJM5
> NOOO4MzuQubXcm1bVUua
> =+9ZN

Reply to: