Re: Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of gpredict to fix pending l10n bugs

Hello David,
On Wed, Apr 25, 2012 at 06:12:45PM -0400, David Prévot wrote:
> [ Keeping debian-i18n in the loop, I don't think there was anyhing
> private in your reply, I hope you won't mind if I've disclosed it ]
Not at all.

> Thanks for that. I already poke the last French translator (and another
> French translator is already ready to take care of the update if the
> last one doesn't reply), and would be happy to send a global call for
> update to the other previous translators (and a call for new translation
> in the mean time).

I think I should wait for answers on debian-hams and then see. I'll call
you for help if we can't manage some translations.

> It'll mostly be a matter of podebconf-report-po call from your package
> directory, e.g.
>
> 	podebconf-report-po --call --languageteam --withtranslators \
> 		--deadline="+20 days"
>
> Given the huge number of strings, I think it would be better to give at
> least a 20 days deadline. You're more than welcome to handle the call
> yourself, and I would be happy to assist you if you need any help (e.g.
> send the call on your behalf and gather translations, posting them to
> the BTS or commit them directly to your VCS if you prefer).

Thanks for the advice and help offering. I've never coordinated work on
a deb package before, nor I'm related to the upstream development of
gpredict. I will be happy to get the changes merged in, make the package
available for review and repackage and upload to mentors once it's done.

> > I don't understood if you have a team of translators to help in case we
> > cannot find volunteers to do the work.
> Actually, we do: https://lists.debian.org/i18n.html
Fine, thank you.

Best regards,