Re: Intent to NMU or help for an l10n upload of gpredict to fix pending l10n bugs

Hi Charles,

Le 25/04/2012 21:25, Charles Suprin a écrit :

> As an upstream contributor to gpredict, I am confused regarding what
> the nature of the problem.

Please see it more as an offer to help than a problem per se. Let me try
to be more verbose about it.

> Or is the problem that not enough of the strings have been translated
> into other languages? (Something I would be less helpful with.)

That's exactly the issue I was pointing, and the one I'd like to help
with. Given Wheezy is about to be frozen, we (the Debian i18n Task
Force) would really like to include a software with a translation status
as good as possible, not only in stats numbers, but also in quality.

> If it is the second, then there seems to be some progress looking at
> the current status on launchpad.
> <https://translations.launchpad.net/gpredict>

Are you, upstream, using launchpad to handle translations of your
software ? If so, I'm not sure I can really help.

Given the French PO file, it was my understanding that the last
translator actually proposed the translation via the Debian l10n French
list of contributors. I don't know if he is still willing to update the
translation, but someone else of the Debian l10n French list is already
ready to take care of the update if the previous translator doesn't reply.

What I was proposing in my initial message, is to send a call to the
previous translators (in all currently supported languages) if they are
willing to update there translation, and to the related l10n team in
order to allow someone else to take care of the translation if the last
translator happen to be MIA.

Of course, if upstream has already a different workflow to handle
translations, I will not interfere, but please let me know, so I can
inform at least the French translators that their update won't be welcome.

Regards

David