Re: contributing to the DDTSS

On 1 March 2012 23:24, David Prévot <taffit@debian.org> wrote:
> Le 01/03/2012 18:12, Martijn van Oosterhout a écrit :
>
>> Frankly, we are considering retiring the current codebase. There's a
>> project on github DDTSS-Django which is a completely new version
>> writting in Python. It's actually nearly complete but life got on the
>> way, as it generally does.
>
> Is there an ETA about the move to another codebase?

I'm not sure, that's not up to me. It needs some organisation and
perhaps a new machine I don't know. I must admit I've been out of the
loop for a while. Also, this is for the DDTSS only, the DDTP consists
of much more. The new DDTSS base could beused to build a more robust
DDTP also, but we're not there yet.

>> Incidently, the problem appears to be with the import phase, in all
>> descriptions only the first line is being imported.
>
> Maybe quickly fixing the old codebase to import back long descriptions
> would worth it, allowing translators to keep up their good job.

Ah, thanks for these links:

>        1: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=657557#24
>        2: http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2012/02/msg00222.html

I have been out of the loop, these explain the situation admirably.

What's primarily needed right now is a script which takes a Packages
file and a Translation file and combines them to produce a complete
Packages file. Someone must have written such a thing. With that it
should be easy to fix.

A bit late now, but I'll try catching up tomorrow morning.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/