Re: contributing to the DDTSS

On 1 March 2012 21:44, Adrien <adrien.grellier@laposte.net> wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am from the french translation team, and used to work with the DDTSS. It
> is currently broken, and it seem that nobody is taking care of it :(

Hrm, sorry. I noted yesterday one translation was broken, but it
wasn't until just now I realised the breakage is more widespread.

> So I offer my help to help putting the DDTSS back, and eventually to
> maintain it on a medium/long term.

Frankly, we are considering retiring the current codebase. There's a
project on github DDTSS-Django which is a completely new version
writting in Python. It's actually nearly complete but life got on the
way, as it generally does.

> I downloaded the source code from the svn, but I still have questions :
>
> – I am looking for documentation about the database the DDTSS is using. I
> see this: http://wiki.debian.org/DDTP but I think it may have changed.
> – Is there other project planned to replace the DDTSS system ?
> – Is it possible to install the DDTSS at home, to test it, or is it using a
> db only available on ddtp.debian.net ?

I wouldn't worry about the current codebase. The new one is much
better documented and even comes with instructions how to setup your
own private setup.

Incidently, the problem appears to be with the import phase, in all
descriptions only the first line is being imported.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/