Re: contributing to the DDTSS

Le 01/03/2012 18:12, Martijn van Oosterhout a écrit :

> Frankly, we are considering retiring the current codebase. There's a
> project on github DDTSS-Django which is a completely new version
> writting in Python. It's actually nearly complete but life got on the
> way, as it generally does.

Is there an ETA about the move to another codebase?

> Incidently, the problem appears to be with the import phase, in all
> descriptions only the first line is being imported.

Maybe quickly fixing the old codebase to import back long descriptions
would worth it, allowing translators to keep up their good job.

No idea how close the code can be from the packages.d.o one (also
written in Perl), but maybe Cyril patches [1] could be adapted in that
purpose, he even offered some advices about it last week [2].

	1: http://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugreport.cgi?bug=657557#24
	2: http://lists.debian.org/debian-i18n/2012/02/msg00222.html

Regards

David