Re: Help with translations : mantis

Hi David,

I appreciated your help .. I have read the documentation, and I have
read again .. I use the podebconf tools but I was doubting on which
method was more usefull to make a call for translations..

The new package version had a template "completely new", but isn't a new
package, and the package was transalated in a lot of languages .. I
wonder to launch the new version with the most complete features,
including translations.

I just wonder to know what is the best practice to avoid disturbing the
teams and the migration was as painless as possible.

The documentation clearly explains what to do in each case, updates and
new packages .. but I assume I'm in a different case, is an update, but
the enterly file is new, too. I was doubting, which is the best way on
my case (merging the two cases in one), treat it as new or an update ..

The documentation (ie.[1]): "If in doubt, you may also contact the
translation team ... or the <debian-i18n@lists.debian.org> mailing list"
..  That's what I did .. I apologize if I have bothered you, maybe I
wasn't clear at all.

I finally decided to send a call to all translators
(podebconf-report-po), I hope this will be the best way.

I apologize again for any misunderstandings that I would created.

BTW, i was receiving a lot of returned emails from translators
(different reasons, ussually not longer email address exists), I assume
a copy of that emails was send to each list .. What is the best
procedure for such cases? May I send another email to each returned
message to call for a translation directly to each list?

Thanks for your help.

Best regards,

Sils

[1]