Re: Error in publication of Release Notes at the website - fixed (was Re: Build logs for Squeeze Release Notes?)

On Sun, Feb 06, 2011 at 04:59:51PM +0100, Ask Hjorth Larsen wrote:
> I meant build and view them in some way, so as to check that the
> translations work and appear sensible in the context that the user
> will see them.
>
> make all LANGUAGES=da fails, as it cannot stat
> '/usr/share/xml/docbook/stylesheet/nwalsh/images/*.png'.  It cannot
> stat most of the stuff it is looking for in fact.

That's because you are missing packages in your build environment.

For reference these are the packages I believe are required for building the
Release Notes in Lenny: xsltproc dblatex po4a xmlroff docbook-xsl-doc-html
docbook-xsl w3m texlive-latex-extra (+ all the related packages & recommends)

Translators should ensure that the language builds fine in their environment
*before* commiting the PO files to the repository, otherwise, you might
break the build and, as a consequence, other languages' updates too.

> If I can view the
> notes somewhere online, maybe that would be easier.

I understand that having the content online helps out reviews. However, the
fact that the language does not build in www-master prevents also you from
having the content viewable online. That's why you have to ensure that your
translation builds. At the very minimum, it should 'validate' fine when
running
    make validate LANGUAGES=<your_language>

I will disable any language that fails that step.

Regards

Javier