Error in publication of Release Notes at the website - fixed (was Re: Build logs for Squeeze Release Notes?)

(cc'ing debian-i18n as this affects translators of the Release Notes too)

On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 12:51:47PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> On Sat, Feb 05, 2011 at 12:25:27PM +0100, Javier Fernández-Sanguino Peña wrote:
> > Anyone can point me or, better yet, look into the build logs to see why the
> > Spanish translation is not getting updated at the website?
>
> I'm not sure what's going on but I get a lot of errors when building 'be'
> locally so I'm moving it to the end of the languages' list in the Makefile
> just in case it is breaking the build.

It seems that the culprit is 'da'. This is at the end of the build logs [1]

- cp -pr da/release-notes.kfreebsd-amd64.pdf
/srv/www.debian.org/www/releases/testing/kfreebsd-amd64/release-notes.da.pdf
cp: cannot stat `da/release-notes.kfreebsd-amd64.pdf': No such file or
directory

We have to make the Makefile more resilient since a bug in one language
breaks the publishing of all the other languages.

To prevent this issue I'm temporarily moving the 'da' language to the end of
the LANGUAGES list.

For other editors: when adding *new* languages to the Makefile, please always
add them *at*the*end* (not alphabetically) of the 'LANGUAGES' varialbe. At
least until build for all the targets is confirmed as working OK for them.

The way it was now, an error in 'da'  was affecting all the other languages
which are (alphabetically) listed afterwards.

Regards

Javier

PS: I'm unsure whether this affected the build of CDs/DVDs as there was a
manual run of this and I don't know where do the CDs/DVDs pick up the final
content for the Release Notes from.

[1]  http://www-master.debian.org/build-logs/webwml/release-notes.log