Re: Language detection and l10n-pkg-status

Hello,

On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 07:37, Christian PERRIER <bubulle@debian.org> wrote:
> Quoting Janos Guljas (janos@resenje.org):
>> Hi Christian,
>>
>> As one of the Serbian translators for Django, I must say that a
>> compromise was made to name files for Serbian (Latin) sr_Latn.po.
>> There was no possibility to use @ sign in filename. Reason for "Latn"
>> is python-babel, where such label is used.
>
> Doh. Really bad design decision, imho.
>
> I wonder why it has been said that "there was no possibility to use @
> sign in filename".

The reason for that is, not implemented, so it would require years for
such low priority ticket to be accepted. Instead of that a quick and
dirty solution was made, unfortunately. A ticket on Django's trac can
be sent, even with patches, but I doubt that it will be implemented
any time soon.