Re: What about DDTSS do you (dis)like?

On 11 June 2011 11:56, beatrice <beatricet@libero.it> wrote:
>> 2. Similarly, the "recently translated" becomes irrelevant, because we
>> can poke it directly into the DB. However, I can imagine people would
>> want to keep this. It contains submitted and reviewer information and
>> timestamps. Do people have thoughts about what info they'd like to see
>> here? Are the logs sufficient?
>
> Yes, I would like to see this info still. Those of us who pretty much
> work a bit each day on the DDTSS have a "mental image" of what is
> happening. If suddenly I saw a bunch of translated descriptions that I
> never saw in the pending review or that I never reviewed I would go
> check if they were spam, for instance.

Ok, that seems useful. Currently the history is kept indefinitely, but
I suppose it would be useful to remember to last 20 packages
translated. And it's not really important who did what, but more just
for keeping an eye on things.

> Also when we have different packages in the process of translation which
> share a paragraph, we might wait for the consensus on one translation
> and when that passes the review all other paragraphs get a uniform
> translation.

I have thought that for the automatic fetching to exclude descriptions
that share an untranslated paragraph with a pending translation.
Ofcourse if you manually fetch it's a risk, but I suppose a warning
could be displayed.

> I surely wouldn't like to see a mandatory approval of all translations by
> one "cohordinator/manager" for all languages (one for each of course).

I'm trying to make mechanism not policy. I'm currently leaning towards
a sort of points system, where the language coordinator can specify
points for reviews/translations. So if a translator-review is zero
points, then translators can't review a translation. But if you want
to treat coordinator/translators/anonymous the same, then that's
possible too.

> When we don't agree on a translation we usually do a "democratic vote"
> either by email or in the comment field..... I don't suppose a "vote"
> feature could be added to the interface (?) *g*

I guess. Maybe not for the first pass though.

> It's not a fundamental issue but anyway. There is a team-message system
> in the DDTSS. I have never been able to figure out how/if it works. I
> have never had a message for my team show up, I wouldn't know how to
> send a message to the whole team.

Not sure actually. Like I said earlier, there's an is_admin flag that
doesn't appear to be set anywhere... But it appears to be used by some
teams, so it must be possible.

Have a nice day,
--
Martijn van Oosterhout <kleptog@gmail.com> http://svana.org/kleptog/