Re: What about DDTSS do you (dis)like?

Hello,
first of all, thanks for working on DDTS. It is very much appreciated.
Given my (nowadays) involvment[1] in Package Translations is almost
nonexistent, I've one comment to make:

On Thu, Jun 09, 2011 at 08:44:39AM +0200, Martijn van Oosterhout wrote:
> to do certain things. But also because it doesn't use the email
> interface it has more possibilities and some of the current features

> 5. I wasn't thinking of altering the translation process itself. It
> has I think evolved to the point where it works well and I don't want
> to make major changes here. But perhaps tweaks can be accommodated.

This is IMHO a very major change. The previous system easily allowed
working with translations the same way as with e.g. bug reports, by
simply using e-mail. Whenever I update a package description of mine
(though this happens rarely) I can simply go to my ddts folder, pick
out the right syntax, fire away two e-mails (one for grabbing, one for
sending) and I'm done (and I've the record in my sent-box).

Also this allows in principle to track down users, as each user has to
supply a working e-mail-address. This would help discussing translations
teams coordinating with learning translators.

> So, fire away!

Having said this, I would strongly confirm that the fixing process is
very well appreciated and if e-mail-support is blocking process too
much, well, then it is probably not worth for an old timer like me to
draw too much ressources into it, especially since there seems an
active German team using the web front end already.

Thanks for taking care!!!

Greetings

            Helge

[1] In the early days I was translating there quite a bit, but this
slowed down after the break in a lot and then I concentrated on other
translation areas, especially since the review system for the e-mail
system was never ressourected (which IMHO was also quite nice).