Re: svn write access for release-notes

2011/1/25 Simon Paillard <spaillard@debian.org>:
> Hello,
>
> On Tue, Jan 25, 2011 at 04:24:21PM +0200, Stan Ioan-Eugen wrote:
>> My name is Ioan-Eugen Stan and I'm translating the release notes into
>> Romanian (hopefully some other people will join me, I'm counting esp
>> on Andrei Popescu).
>
> Thanks for your help !
>
>> Unfortunately the Debian community is not that active lately.
>>
>> I'm writing because I don't have update permissions to SVN, and it
>> seems nobody in romanian-l10n has.
>
> We need you to create an account on alioth:
> http://www.debian.org/doc/cvs (yes the name is misleading)
>
> Or you can send your files as bug reports against release-notes (gzipped
> please).
>
>> I have been involved on the list and contributed to past release notes
>> translation, po-debconf translations, you can check the list.
>> I need SVN update permissions or at least someone to upload the files.
>> Also, another thing, how much time do I have?
>
> Release-notes, though included on ISOs, are mostly browsed online.
> So that is wished to have the translation available for the release date.
>

> --
> Simon Paillard

Solved. I have write access, thanks to Andrei Popescu's help. The
documentation was not very clear. It should state that you need to
upload the ssh key to your alioth account and to be a member of ddp to
gain update privileges. These are sufficient conditions.

I have received some good signs about people who want to contribute. I
hope we do a good job.

--
Ioan-Eugen Stan