Re: GRUB localization

While catching up with old list mail, I saw this:

On 22/12/2009, at 7:12 PM, Ji ZhengYu wrote:

> On Tue, Dec 22, 2009 Christian PERRIER  wrote:
>> I don't know how GRUB upstream is handling localization but I wanted
>> to eventually discuss with you if it would be worth it if the Debian
>> i18n crowd can bring its "power" into this.
>>
>> Of course, there might be other possibilities such as using Transifex,
>> or Launchpad/Rosetta or whatever else, some being maybe already
>> considered for this.
>>
>> At least, of course, I would like to be able to put my hands into the
>> French l10n because, as everybody knows, I'm fairly picky when it
>> comes to this..:-)
>>

> As far as I know, Grub2 is using TranslationProject[1] to handle l10n.
> You can find more about French l10n team at this place[2].
>
> [1] http://translationproject.org/domain/grub.html
> [2] http://translationproject.org/team/fr.html

The grub package translated at the TP is currently grub-1.97+20100124. Is that "Grub2"?

However, GNU do send most (if not all) of their packages to the TP. Everyone is welcome to participate there. :)

from Clytie

Vietnamese Free Software Translation Team