Re: ISO-3166 changes

Am Freitag, den 24.12.2010, 06:59 +0100 schrieb Christian PERRIER:
> Those of you who follow iso-codes package translations (that are used
> indirectly by D-I, for the list of countries and therefore listed in
> "level 2" of D-I translations), will notice a change there.
>
> Don't worry. This will not affect the completeness of D-I in squeeze.
>
> Indeed, the ISO 3166 maintenance agency just published a change to the
> standard: the Netherland Antilles (former code AN) have been split out
> in three new country codes ('Bonaire, Saint Eustatius and Saba',
> 'Curaçao' and 'Sint Maarten (Dutch part').
>
> Of course, feel free to update this but there's no hurry at all.

Dear Christian,

as you're aware, the package iso-codes is normally updated once a month,
the next upload would be on January 1st. Should I proceed as usual with
the upload, or would that ruin the D-I statistics? As we're in really
deep freeze now, translation updates are no longer accepted for
migration to testing, although I've seen at least one package getting an
exception from that rule.

In short: to upload or not to upload, that is the question. ;-)

Regards,
Tobias

--
Tobias Quathamer | Time is what keeps things from happening all at once.
Hamburg, Germany |